Vancouver, B.C., August 20, 2013 - Forum Uranium Corp. (FDC: TSX-V) is pleased to announce the commencement of ground prospecting, radon and geochemical surveys over its 100% owned Clearwater Project on trend and immediately adjacent to the southwest of the Alpha Minerals/Fission Uranium Patterson Lake South discovery. Forum is in receipt of the data and interpretation from recently completed, airborne radiometric, magnetic and electromagnetic surveys over its 9,910 hectare property. Highlights are:
- The electromagnetic conductor hosting the Patterson Lake uranium deposits and parallel conductors from the Alpha/Fission property trend on to Forum’s claims in a northeast-southwest direction.
- A large number of elevated uranium channel anomalies from the radiometric survey have been identified.
- Two areas on Forum’s claims with highly anomalous lake sediment samples have been identified from historical surveys.
Forum has mobilized a field crew to explore the property on the ground. A three pronged approach will be undertaken to evaluate Forum’s claim area:
- Prospecting with hand-held scintillometers to determine the cause of the uranium anomalies identified by the airborne radiometric survey.
- Soil gas radon surveys will be conducted over selective areas.
- Sampling of lake bottom sediments for analysis of uranium content.
In addition, further ground geophysical surveys will be conducted this fall and early winter to outline targets for drilling in January 2014.
Ken Wheatley, P.Geo. (Saskatchewan/Nunavut), Forum’s Vice President, Exploration is the Qualified Person that has reviewed and approved the contents of this news release.
About Forum Uranium
Forum Uranium Corp. is a Canadian-based energy company with a focus on the acquisition, exploration and development of Canadian uranium projects. Forum has assembled a highly experienced team of exploration professionals with a track record of mine discoveries for unconformity-style uranium deposits in Canada. The Company has a strategy to discover near surface uranium deposits in the Athabasca Basin, Saskatchewan and the Thelon Basin, Nunavut by exploring on its 100% owned properties and through strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Richard J. Mazur, P.Geo.
President & CEO
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For further information contact:
Rick Mazur, President & CEO
Matt Terriss, Director, Corporate Affairs
Robin Cook, Senior Account Manager
CHF Investor Relations
Tel: 416-868-1079 x 228